Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oscar and Stacy as little wee ones



Up top we have a picture of Oscar as a cute little baby being held by his mom and older brother William.



No one believes me when I tell them (heck I didn't even believe his mom when she told me), but Oscar was an extremely fat baby. He weighed 32 pounds at 6 months! Sometimes babies get fat when they start solid foods, but Oscar was the exact opposite. He was big while nursing, but then lost weight once he started on solids.



This is Oscar once he started eating solids and slimming down (and, of course, becoming a lot messier). Oscar claims he only slimmed down at all because most of the food wasn't actually making it inside his mouth. :)



Here's a pic of me as barely newborn. I think I was still in the hospital.



This is me as a newborn with my Grandma Frannie. She lived until I was about 5. My only memory of her is her funeral. Her wish was to be cremated like my grandfather, so they had her lying on a bed during her viewing. I wasn't really old enough to understand the concept of death, and I remember thinking to myself "why are we all standing around watching grandma sleep?"



I was the perfect baby. I only cried when I was hungry or hurt, there was no food I wouldn't eat, I loved taking a bath, I loved going in the car or in my stroller, I always smiled, I was happy by myself or around anyone else, and I potty trained at 18 months. Too bad I didn't stay perfect...



My family was sealed for time and all eternity in the Jordan Temple when I was about 3 months old. I think it's hilarious how no one seems to be looking at the same camera in this picture.



I have one older brother, Mike, and one older sister, Malia. Since Mike and I are each Malia's half-siblings, she likes to claim that in total she has 1 sibling (1/2 + 1/2), but that she doesn't know what gender it is. This is a picture of all three of us at my first Christmas. I love how the lights are all twinkling in this picture, and that I'm smiling!



This is a mountain view picture from the same photo shoot.



This picture on the left is all 3 of us in the play area at Chuck E Cheese.



I think this picture of the three of us by the lake is adorable, but my sister thinks it's creepy. "It's like children of the corn. Nothing that wholesome can be good."



What a cute fall pic!



This descending height shot is a bit weird to me.



Mike and I apparently forgot how to smile.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. My daughter will be 3 and a half in May. She only weighs 29 pounds! At 6 months she was probably less than 15.

    ReplyDelete