Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stacy and Oscar when we could still count our age with our hands



After being a perfect baby, I then became a terrible toddler. I was that annoying kid who always stole other kids’ toys, especially my older brother who was too sweet to retaliate. One day, my dad told my brother to punch me in the face the next time he took my toy. He did it too, in front of a whole bunch of people while we were visiting extended family in Napa, CA. Apparently I gaped at him for about 10 seconds and then went off crying.





I remember absolutely loving that dress and wearing it to preschool on St. Patrick's Day.



Here's Oscar as a toddler.



Oscar's mom told me that she saved up in order to buy Oscar and Will this Fisher Price tape recorder, which in those days cost a pretty penny. Oscar loved it, and one day decided to clean it. So, of course, he threw it in the bathtub! This picture also shows Oscar's early love of brushing his teeth. He and his dad both brush their teeth for up to 20 minutes at a time!



This is me in Kindergarten



First grade



2nd grade



and 3rd grade.



As you can see from this picture, Oscar loved Chemistry even as a kid. In college he won awards for both most outstanding Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry student.



When I was either 5 or 6, I fell down and hit my right front tooth on a rock. It permanently turned it gray until it fell out and was replaced by an adult tooth. If you look closely at this soccer picture, you can see it.
Yes - I played soccer when I was a kid. I liked being the goalie, but mostly I liked getting treats when the game was over!



My brother and I were so cute here with the Easter Bunny!





This picture above is Mike and I with our cousins, Nikki, Justin, and Heidi at Halloween.



Another cute Halloween pic. I wish I had pics for every year at Halloween. I have no idea what I dressed up as for most of them. Thanks to digital cameras and file, my future children won't have that problem.



This is the earliest family photo I actually remember taking.



I was tall for my age, and then stopped growing once I hit 5'6." You can see my height in this picture. Both Jasmine and I were about 10 years old and I'm quite a bit taller than her. Now she's about 2 1/2 inches taller than me.



This is a cute picture we had of young Oscar on our wedding video.



I love this picture of me. I look like I'm strutting my stuff! The sad thing is that I actually thought I was fat at this age! I weighed about 100 pounds, and my friends weighed about 40 pounds. I just didn't process that it was perfectly normal to weigh 100 pounds when you're 5 feet tall.



I'm not sure how I was posing for this picture.



Oscar tells me he won a ride in this balloon, but wasn't able to go. He doesn't remember why.



I was in the junior jazzers dance club at 8 years old. It didn't last long. The problem was that I was too tall for the 5-9 year old class, so they stuck me in the 10 year and up class. But since they were a bit more advanced, I couldn't keep up with the choreography.



Check out that crimped hair. The joy of 80's hair styles! I remember being in this parade, specifically because I jumped off the car so that I could hand out fliers. I tumbled a bit and they had to stop the car to make sure I was alright. I was alright physically, but I remember being SUPER embarrassed.



Apparently my sister and I had some pictures done at a picture booth saying we had a split personality. I just found these photos in her files recently.





Here are some pics from our first home in Three Fountains.



Mom always decorated the windows for the Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment