Saturday, February 27, 2010

University of Washington and lots of performances



As many of you already know, I recently graduated with my Master's Degree in Vocal Performance at the University of Washington. I learned a lot and I got to be in a good number of performances during my 2 years there. I played the roles of Adina in "The Elixir of Love," Contessa in "The Marriage of Figaro and the title role of "Poker Alice" in our opera scenes performances, and I got to be in our full operas as Serpetta in Mozart's "La Finta Giardiniera," First Knitter in Seymour Barab's "A Game of Chance" (I had to learn how to knit for the role), and Madame Larina in Tchaicovsky's "Eugene Onegin." I'm also a part of the Seattle Opera chorus and was an Ethiopian slave in Verdi's "Aida." I can't believe I didn't take any pictures. Sigh! At least I have these since other people took lots of pictures. Here's me as Serpetta in Finta.



And here I am as Madame Larina in Eugene Onegin












And here's me at my graduation. Oscar's family came up to visit during my graduation weekend.

And we had to go to the Pea Patch cafe for breakfast the next morning (it's an inside joke in the Hunt family).

No comments:

Post a Comment