Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wedding Day Luncheon!


Our luncheon was in the Empire Room at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I remember the menu perfectly since I chose it all from my favorite foods we served there. We started with Lion house rolls, caesar or garden salad, and peach ole' to drink. The main course was Smith Chicken and rice pilaf, and the dessert was ice cream served in a cookie cup with raspberry sauce.

Before the luncheon started we had a ring ceremony for those unable to attend the temple. Oscar's grandfather "married" us while our bridesmaids and groomsmen walked down the aisle.

The funniest thing is that Hana, my niece and flower girl, kept throwing the rose petals and then picking them back up.


And here's one of us exchanging rings.

They always serve the married couple and their parents first at the JSMB, so I got done eating before everyone else and went and grabbed Hana and took her around the room while I greeted my guests.

And after eating Oscar and I sang "All I ask of you with my friend Dave Crane as our accompanist and wedding pianist. We'd both forgotten the music, so Oscar and I wrote down the words we could remember, and Dave improvised.


Here's a picture of us with the Jinks family

Us with my brother Mike and his wife Shannon

Us with my sister Malia, niece Hana, and brother in law Chang.

No comments:

Post a Comment