Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Oregon Coast



The last day of our trip too us home via the beautiful Oregon coast. First we stopped off at "The Coach House" restaurant for some fantastic food.



Their outdoor area was covered and well heated.



I had to try the fried mac n cheese just to say I did. It was good, but not good enough to make it worth the calories. And, as a bonus, they were shooting fireworks that evening (July 3rd), so we got a show as we drove to our hotel.



Then it was time for our gorgeous coastal drive.



I love lighthouses.






And I love the ocean.







I liked this area under the bridge.











Here we're on our way to Seal Rock, OR.








This is the Seal Rock itself.





I really liked Elephant Rock.




This is me enjoying the wind and the view.



And more pretty pics of the Seal Rock area.





We toured the Yaquina lighthouse. This is a quilt they have with stitchings of all the Oregon coast lighthouses.



Here I am with the actual light they used to operate from within.



Oscar with the stove.



The house itself.



The bridge and nearby area.






Next we went to lunch and Oscar had to try the Clam Chowder.



We were blown away by the enormous ice cream cookie. We'd been expecting one of these, not 3!



It was a pretty good restaurant. I'd recommended it. Georgie's Seaside Cafe.



This is the view from the restaurant of the Yaquina Head lighthouse. We tried to visit the lighthouse itself, but since it was a holiday, the parking lot was full and we didn't have time to wait.





Oscar laughed at this license plate.



And we both laughed at these cool 4th of July flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment