Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mount Douglas



On our first morning in October, Oscar and I decided to go trail running on Mount Douglas. Fortunately the views at the top of the mountain were gorgeous.



Oscar had a 13 mile trail race to prepare for on August 13th, so we looked for an area with lots of ups and downs. This ended up being the first of many trail runs we would do on our trip.



I couldn't climb over this thing for the picture. I was too worn out since it got really steep at the top.



But the climb was worth the view.





I thought coming down was much more difficult than going up. It was hard to keep from sliding and falling down the mountain.



But I loved the endorphin rush and the feeling of accomplishment when we got down. We even ran around the base of the mountain just for fun.

1 comment: