Friday, April 22, 2011

In New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made, oh...big lights will inspire you


I went to Manhatten this past December to do a couple of auditions. Unfortunately I got sick, and they didn't go well, but at least I had a lot of fun!


One of the things I was super excited to see were the department store windows decorated for Christmas. So that was the first thing I did the moment I woke up. The top pic was at Bloomingdales.


These foodie windows were from Barneys.


I loved "Home Alone 2" as a kid, so of course I had to take a picture of the Plaza hotel.


The toy store from "Home Alone 2" doesn't really exist, but there is a really cool toy store "Fao Schwartz." I loved the Lego Santa!


And the keyboard from the movie "Big." It was pretty awesome to walk across it. They had a smaller version that's still big enough to walk across. I was really tempted to buy it.


I liked their intricate doll houses


And the Harry Potter display.


There were some mighty big stuffed animals throughout the store.




But my favorite things to see were the candy nutcrackers. I could just gobble them up!


I liked this pink deer on my way to Saks 5th Avenue.


I wanted to buy all of these souvenirs, but settled instead for taking pictures of them.


These were the windows from Saks.


It was always this same girl doing different activities.


They were pretty cool, and they looked even better when I saw them later in the evening.





I'm crazy for Christmas trees and lights, so of course I had to go to Rockefeller Center.



There was a white nutcracker next to this black nutcracker, and there were at least 4 different groups of people waiting in line to take a picture with it. No one was waiting for this guy. Seriously people! You're racist toward nutcrackers?!!!


More souvenirs I would have liked to purchase.



These were the cute music windows at Lord and Taylor.




It was really cute to watch all of their windows change around to different Christmas scenes


Especially watching Santa fly his sleigh across the sky! It would loop around every 10 seconds.


Oscar and I decorate our own Christmas tree with blue and silver lights and ornaments. So I was delighted to see this scene with a blue and silver decorated tree.



My mom would like this family's nutcracker collection.



This garage would open first to a car.


Then to a horse drawn sleigh.









This was a costume shop that had a neat display.


And finally I arrived at Macy's.


Their display came from the movie "Yes, Virginia. There really is a Santa Claus."



No comments:

Post a Comment