Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tulip Festival, Granite Falls, and 22 Creek Falls


Every year Mount Vernon, a city about an hour north of us, holds a tulip festival. This was the first year we were able to make it. Aren't they pretty?







I really liked these tulips. It's as if red cabbage asked a fairy godmother to make itself pretty. :)




This was a nifty bush. I'm not sure what it's called.



I like how the sign says "please don't tiptoe through the tulips."



I loved all of the different colors on these flowers. I had no idea tulips came in so many different varieties. I generally only picture tulips as pink or white.








Outside of the garden you can see row upon row of tulip plants.





On our way back from Mt Vernon, we stopped in Granite Falls, WA to see the waterfall the city takes its name from.




We then drove to 22 Creek and did a hike to see the waterfall there.





It seems like a decent waterfall, but it was difficult to photograph.



Our book said there were some side paths to get closer views, but either we missed them or they were covered in snow.

2 comments: