Saturday, August 20, 2011

Eight Mile Lake


One of my first hikes in Leavenworth took me to Eight Mile Lake.


I'd actually intended to do a different hike that day, but the road was closed when I got there, so I did this one instead.


I could see waterfall potential here.


But the views were never clear enough to get a good picture.


There were a lot of pretty wildflowers on this trail.


I even got to see a few mountain goats. But they were too distant and moved too quickly for me to get a picture of them.


I knew I was close when I made it to Little Eightmile Lake.


But there were still lots of rocks to climb over before I reached my destination.


Fortunately the trail remains well marked even as you meander through the rocks.


And the payoff at the end is stunning! I love how you can see the mountains reflected in the lake. I was also grateful to meet another lone hiker on my way down. We talked about different places we'd traveled and hiked to. It made the hike back much more pleasant and the time went by much quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment