Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Peshastin Pinnacles State Park


One of the coolest hikes I've ever been on was short, sweet, a wee bit steep, and surrounded by beautiful views.


Peshastin Pinnacles State Park is just a few miles outside of Leavenworth, and is an easy 1.5 mile loop hike. Since it's nearly always sunny out this direction, it's pretty much always a good time to take this hike.


The huge pinnacles are really cool, and you can climb to the top of a few of them, even without climbing gear.


The views improved as I climbed higher.


I really liked walking around this pinnacle.


I could see a teepee across the valley.


The shots above and below were from climbing to the top of the pinnacles. It was a bit scary, and I would have hurt myself pretty badly if I'd slipped, but I was thrilled once I made it up there.


Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment