Sunday, October 14, 2012

Timeline 2011 part 2

After the trip filled 2011 we'd already had, I moved out to Leavenworth, WA for 2 and 1/2 months to perform with the Leavenworth Summer Theater. While there, I did a lot of hiking in the nearby areas. On our first drive out we hiked to lovely (though difficult to see) Malachite Falls. During my 1st weeks in Leavenworth, I explored Silver Falls in Entiat, White River Falls near Lake Wenatchee, and hiked up to Eight Mile Lake (which ended up being only 6 miles round trip).
Oscar came out to visit me on my 2nd week out. We traveled even further east to see Dry Falls and Steamboat Rock. 

When I didn't have time to explore far away, I hiked all over the Icicle Ridge area.

Oscar came out again to see my show a few weeks later. We drove out to Chelan and did some hiking on Lake Chelan butte.
After Sound of Music opened, I had almost an entire week off and came home to Lynnwood. July 4th was a gorgeous day, so we took a day trip up to Deception Pass on Whidbey Island.


We then traveled more south down the island for a lovely hike on the coast of Ebey's Landing, and back up north to see Erie Mount lookout.
I rarely missed a day of hiking while I was living in such a beautiful, sunny area. One of my favorite hikes was the Iron Goat Loop Trail.
And, unsurprisingly, I hiked to every possible waterfall I could find on both US 2 and I 90.

One short but steep hike near Leavenworth I particularly enjoyed was climbing the pinnacles at Peshastin Pinnacles State Park.



I currently have three friends living in Spokane, so I took a 1 and 1/2 day trip out to see them. There was a 5 hour block when none of the three were available, so I toured Riverfront Park, Manito Park and Riverside State Park.

After rehearsals were over and the shows were in production, I started having Sunday/Mondays off, which works out great since those are Oscar's days off. In early August, we went down to Mt Ranier to hike to beautiful Comet Falls.
My family came into town that same weekend and were able to see me play Mother Abbess in Sound of Music and Mrs Pearce in My Fair Lady.


Hana and Lia came out for a sleepover a few weeks later, and we drove to Chelan to take the Lady of the Lake boat over to Stehekin.
On the final Sunday/Monday before closing weekend, Oscar and I took a brief camping trip down to the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.






While there we did the Eagle Creek hike to multiple waterfalls. They weren't as fabulous as they could have been since it was late summer. I'd love to come back in the spring sometime. 








And I took one final hike to lovely Lake Colchuck just 3 days before closing night.


On our way home from Leavenworth, Oscar and I decided to take the long way home via Winthrop and North Cascades National Park.

We had a gorgeous fall that year. We took advantage of it to do a lot of hiking. Our September/October hikes included the Heybrook Lookout, Rattlesnake Ledge, and Poo Poo Point.


Fortunately we still had time for a few road trips. I drove with my friend Cari up to Anacortes in early September, took a short road trip to Utah to visit our families, and explored more of the snake river area in Idaho on our way back.

And I finished up the year with a flight back to Utah to help my mom with her knee surgery and play Fruma Sarah in Fiddler on the Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment